Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ethnographic Field-notes

After reading the article on field notes I feel like it is helpful to almost become a part of the life of the person or people that you are interviewing. In a way this is such a helpful thing because it allows for you to see the daily, even hourly, life of the interviewee but I feel there may be flaw in that because they could be altering what they do because of your presence.

I know that I will be interviewing people, especially young people, in my research study and it is interesting to know how to interact with them. Because I am interested in researching text messaging language versus the language used in academic papers I will be working very closely with people. In a way I feel like I will be intruding into the personal business of my interviewees but it is my responsibility to reassure the interviewee that my presence is purely there for the sake of the research and not to be nosing into their personal lives. The participants will have to be willing to cooperate with me and be understanding of my position inn the research.

No comments:

Post a Comment