Thursday, February 21, 2013

Composing Writing on an IPad

Originally I was interested in doing research between texting and academic writing.  After my conference with Dr. Chandler I have a more solid idea of a new topic.  She asked me if I use text messaging, and I do, she then asked me what other things I do with my phone.  I ventured to talking about how I do all of my school work on my IPad.  We discussed about how my writing is different from writing it on an IPad versus writing on a laptop or computer.  I am thinking about doing an autoethnographic study about how composing  writing on on IPad would effect how I write versus how I would write on a laptop.
I think that another question could be how does composing writing on an IPad effect the way people write.  And I think that I like this one better.

I plan on using Rebecca Sullivan's article ''The Tablet Inscribed: Inclusive Writing Instruction
With the iPad''.  From this short article I will also see what resources she used for her article and see if there are any topics that would be supportive of my question.


Does the environment effect your writing?
Ways you type? Keyboard, On screen keys, (watching how people type) thumbs versus full hand
define was writing is
methods of writing, - computer journal IPad
context of writing
spelling- autocorrect
text to speech - helps to hear the words versus reading them
iCloud - sharing with phone
short hand blends into writing

No comments:

Post a Comment