Monday, January 28, 2013

Blog 2 - Define analysis. Describe how you might use analysis and Gee's building tasks to study one of the areas of interest you mentioned in your first blog.


     To me analysis is a word describing the process of discovering an answer.  The process you go through from determining what you are looking up all the way until you discover your final result, to me, would be the idea of analysis. I feel like analysis is used in many different forms.  You can analyze data in science or you can analyze a piece of writing in literature.  Like I said in my own definition of analysis you need to have some kind of idea what you are looking for in the beginning of the analysis process otherwise you not properly analyzing a part of the selected piece of work.  
     Because I have not yet narrowed my search down to a particular topic I am not sure what I will be analyzing yet, but I think that Gee's building tasks could be used.  Although vague I know that I want to investigate the use of language through different media sources an how it differs from that of a person's spoken language.  This topic is a great one to use Gee's building tasks because all of the different tasks are applicable to this topic.  The language is unique to the environment, the identity used varies, the relationship between users is considered, connections are required, etc.  Gee's building tasks would actually be a really useful way to analyze the topic of the language in a variety of technologies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment